CAPD Online Therapy System (CAPDOTS™) is a deficit-specific, online treatment program for CAPD (Central Auditory Processing Disorder).
Ideal candidates for CAPDOTS™ include those with the following symptoms:
• Difficulty hearing in background noise
• Distracted from listening activities
• Distracted by noise and other sounds
• Inability to follow conversations if more than one person is speaking
• Difficulty following group directions
• Difficulty following complex, multi-step directions
• Does not understand what is required from verbal directions
• Comments “I don’t get it”
• Gets overwhelmed with too much information
CAPDOTS™ can be completed in the convenience of your own home, school or wherever there is a computer with an internet connection. No special equipment is required. The listening exercises must be completed 5 days per week, 30 minutes per day for a duration of approximately 12-14 weeks.
Changes in behavior may be observed within 6–8 weeks after starting the program. Improvements in conversational skills, verbal output, participation and alertness may be seen. However, completing the program is required to fully entrench the training. Pre- and post- CAPDOTS™ testing has shown significant improvements in hearing in background noise, and hearing multiple inputs simultaneously.